WATCH: Malakai Black Explains His AEW Contract Status

WATCH: Malakai Black Explains His AEW Contract Status

Last week, Malakai Black announced that he is taking a time off from pro wrestling at Prestige Wrestling’s Perseverance event in Pomona, California. Black said that “Please allow me a few weeks, maybe a few months, to just re-calibrate myself.”

However, a few weeks ago, there was a rumor circulated on social media that Black was granted his release from AEW. During an Instagram Live session on Monday, Malakai Black denied the reports of him being released from AEW.

It’s not confirmed. Clearly it’s not confirmed. None of it has been confirmed because I haven’t left, I’ve been given time off by Tony Khan to take care of a bunch of stuff. All this stuff was weeks ago. I posted that statement as a summary to understand why I [am taking] some time off. It is in the statement. It’s mind boggling.

I will see you guys in a couple of weeks, maybe a couple of months, Like I said, I’m only taking some time off...there’s nothing going on. I’m fine. I’m going to be fine. Everything’s fine. You’ll see me right back in AEW pretty soon. I’m just going to take some time, that’s it.

- H/T WrestlingNews.co

Malakai Black last competed at AEW All Out pay-per-view, where he teamed up with Brody King and Buddy Matthews to face Sting, Darby Allin and Miro in a Six-Man Tag Team match.

We will update you when we receive more details. Stay tuned with The Spotlight.

Previous Post Next Post

نموذج الاتصال